Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 3

We got our first taste of the ocean today. The weather is still incredibly hot, but beautiful.


We had drumming and dancing lessons today.  Needless to say for anyone who knows my background (8 years of Native American dance and drumming), I caught on pretty well.  It was a lot of fun!

The lady in the pink is my instructor for the trip.  She's pretty awesome. 


Such amazing views out here.  I really am going to miss this place when I come home.

This is our entire group, the drum and dance instructors and two members of the ProWorld staff that are from Ghana.  It was a lot of fun, but we danced bare foot, and the floor was much dirtier than it looks.

I went wading in the ocean today, the water was really choppy and shortly after taking this, I got hit by a big wave and had sand in my shorts the rest of the day.

This will assuredly become a profile picture too, the weather here just lends itself to great pictures, even when I'm in them. :-P

Do you see the lizard?  He's Ghana colors which is really cool!  His body has stripes of red, yellow and green, just like the flag.

A little closer picture.

So this van took us to the events today and back.  It looks not much longer than a standard US minvan, but it holds TWENTY SEVEN people.  There were six rows of 4 seats and one row of three.  It was huge!

Ever wonder what 600 condoms looks like?  Now you know!

There's another almost 1,000 in that bag.  We counted them all out for donating to the NGOs tomorrow.

Day four is looking to be exciting!  We're getting up in 8 hours and going to go help build a house, then we get to go swimming in the ocean, followed by a language lesson, then more swimming in the ocean.  I'm going to bed now, tomorrow is going to be a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment